Digital Ad Specifications
- All advertising must be provided in a digital format for the Macintosh platform in the correct ad size. Keep all live matter 1/4” away from the trim.
- Preferred ad format: High resolution (300 dpi) CMYK PDF with fonts embedded, created using Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
- Alternative formats: High resolution JPEG, TIFF, or EPS.
- Acceptable programs:
– Adobe Illustrator CS4 with fonts outlined, images embedded and only CMYK colors.
– Adobe Photoshop CS4 (resolution at least 300 dpi).
– Adobe InDesign CS4
- Support files must be CMYK TIFF or EPS format with resolution at least 300 dpi. All color type and images must be CMYK with “spot color” deselected. RGB or Pantone colors are NOT acceptable.
- FTP site available for compressed files. Call for user name and password.
- Supply ad files on CD or DVD.
- Emailing is possible for files 5 MB or less. Mail or fax a proof copy.
- Provide a black and white or 4-color laser proof for content and positioning only. For color matching on press, provide a MatchPrint proof. If no proof is provided, publisher will not be responsible for color accuracy.
- Failure to meet the above standards will result in additional cost and may cause unpredictable reproduction. Clients will be notified of any problems detected in their files and will be given an opportunity to send corrected files or incur charges at prevailing rates.
- New South Publishing is not responsible for the content or accuracy of a file on disk.
- If you have any questions, contact the production department at (770) 650-1102, ext. 130 or by email to email@example.com.